Fashion Week: Designer Sketches {Part 2}



(Adrienne Vittadini and Pamela Roland)
As promised, I have more designer sketches to share from the New York Fashion Week Fall 2011 Collections. These are some of my favorite illustrations taken from the Pantone Fall Color Guide.
(Ella Moss and Pamela Roland)
I mentioned this last season, but it still reins true now, Ella Moss (above) does such a fantastic job of accurately rendering her prints and accessories. Her sketches always look so detailed and understandable, but not overworked. They just seem so effortless and easy breezy. The Pamela Roland sketch (also above) has a similar quality and I absolutely love the strong three quarter pose.
(Lela Rose and Tommy Hilfiger)
I don't know why but I'm a huge fan of sketches with sunglasses, so this Tommy illustration sporting sunglasses and a chunky gray cable knit turtleneck is one of my faves. Its such a fantastic layered look. Which one's do you like best?

To take a look at more designer sketches you can download the Pantone Fall Color Guide pdf here.

Leave a Comment

out of order said...

these are so cool :)

ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said...

i follow now! blog amazing!

lauraapriljayne said...

amazing blog :)

reub-envision said...

~I love your take on Pamela Roland

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks everyone!

Reub-envision, its not my take on Pamela Roland, its her actual sketch.

Virginia Ibarra said...

these are so gorgeous! i always wished i could draw!you are very talented!

Amanda (Small Acorns) said...

Hi Brooke, as someone who can't draw to save herself, I'm finding these amazing. And I love how you detail your process from image to sketch. How clever!
Amanda